Class One: 5 Spices
Turmeric, Black Pepper, Cumin, Coriander, and Cardamom with a focus on Indian Cooking
Morning Class: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This is a class of story and history. We will learn about these 5 spices, where they come from and how they are grown. We will also learn how each is used in a therapeutic way, or as food as medicine.
We will then shift to the use of some of these spices in Aromatherapy and we'll sample the aromas of these oils. We will also make a luscious body butter.
- Receive a packet of all handouts and recipes
- Take home a jar of the body butter made in class
Afternoon Class: 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This is a cooking demo class. We will focus on how these spices are used in Indian Cooking. Our menu will include a curry, a korma and three other recipes of side dishes and condiments.
- Sample all the recipes made in class
- Receive a packet of handouts and recipes
- Take home a spice preparation made in class
Class Date: Saturday. May 7, 2016
- Morning Class: 10:00 - 1:00
- Afternoon Class: 2:00 - 4:30
- Morning & Afternoon: 10:00 - 4:30
So sign up for the morning class, the afternoon class or go home with a complete program and sign up for the whole day!
Instructor: Sarah Bearden has been a practicing Nutritionist, Culinary Specialist and Aromatherapist for over 20 years. She is also a graduate of a professional school in Indian Cooking.